Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This healthy and flavorful soup makes a good appetizer before a dinner that has a mexican flair to it. The chili amount can be adjusted to your level of spicyness.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup green chili pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup black beans, cooked or canned
- Saute the onion, garlic, red pepper and zucchini in oil until tender.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in corn, beans, chili, and herbs.
- Cook for 10 minutes more.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with a dollop of sour cream or guacamole.
- Serve with a few corn chips or warmed flour tortillas.
This is a good and simple soup .. I added some tomato paste, but only because I don't like clear soups .. thanks