Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I used to take make a taco potpie for my partner and i before we stopped eating meat. this used to be a family favorite, so i modified it slightly and it has resumed its place on the list of family favorites :)
- 1 lb vegetarian ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen peppers and onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 8 ounces colby cheese, shredded
- sour cream (optional)
- taco sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Microwave vegi crumble for 2 minutes Add taco seasoning mix and water; mix until crumble is well coated.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan over medium high heat. Add peppers and onions; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in garlic and onion powders, salt, pepper, corn, salsa and vegi crumble. Mix well. In a round casserole layer tortilla, cheese, and vegi mixture ending with a layer of tortilla and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a drizzle of taco sauce. Also recommended: guacamole, salsa, and diced green chiles.