Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tomatoes, chickpeas and corn are simmered with chili powder and cumin and served over pasta.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) packageuncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet. Saute onion, green pepper, garlic, chili powder and cumin.
- Stir in tomatoes, chickpeas and corn. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened and heated through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Combine pasta and sauce.
- Sprinkle each serving with Monterey Jack cheese.
Very easy to make - and the food wasn't bad either.
Outstanding! The recipe had me the moment I read chili powder and cumin. My two absolute favorite spices blended together. I added a can of chopped clams to the sauce and although didn't make it "vegetarian" anymore, it was delicious. Thanks for this recipe Cucina!