Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Southwest chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, lightly cooked
- 6 stuffed olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 6 green onions or 6 scallions, sliced
- lettuce (use a good quality lettuce)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (use a good quality, such as Hellmann's)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce or 2 teaspoons salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- Mix mayonnaise ingredients together and set to the side.
- Blend the first seven ingredients together thoroughly.
- Place on crisp lettuce with chili mayonnaise.
- Garnish with watercress.