Recipe by Mirj
Something interesting to do with leftover turkey.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Mirj, I used your recipe for Don't Throw Away That Turkey Carcass for the broth. Instead of the Roma tomatoes and chiles I used Rotel. The soup was fantastic!! I used another avacado, sliced in thin slivers for garnish. This was wonderful! Thanks for another turkey soup recipe in my book.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded, cooked turkey
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (28 ounce) canwhole peeled tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine turkey, broth, canned tomatoes, green chiles, fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic, lime juice, cayenne, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in avocado and cilantro and simmer 15 to 20 minutes more, until slightly thickened.