1/1 Photo of Southwestern Turkey Burgers With Sweet Potato Fries
We grilled our burgers outside on a nice day. Couldn't even tell we were eating healthy! Thank you Cook Yourself Thin and lifetimetv.com Serves 4 Calories per serving, turkey burger: 342 Calories per serving, sweet potato fries: 89
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the sweet potato fries
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 lime
For the turkey burger
- 1For the sweet potato fries, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Wash and dry the potatoes
- 3With the skin on, slice into 1/2-inch-thick rounds; cut the rounds into 1/2-inch-thick finger-shaped pieces.
- 4Toss the potatoes in a bowl with the oil, chili powder, garlic powder and salt.
- 5On a baking sheet, spread the sweet potato fries in a single layer and roast, stirring every 10 minutes, until brown and tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- 6Remove from the oven, transfer to a platter or bowl and sprinkle with a little more salt.
- 7Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the lean ground turkey with the diced chiles and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Shape into patties and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- 9Heat a large grill pan or nonstick skillet on medium heat and spritz with canola oil.
- 10Add the turkey patties to the grill pan and cook until browned on one side, about 4 minutes.
- 11Flip, reduce the heat to low, cover (if using a skillet) and cook until the juices run pale pink, about 4 more minutes.
- 12Top with the reduced-fat pepper-jack cheese during the last minute.
- 13Toast the rolls in the oven or in a toaster oven. Alternatively, grill them 1 minute on each side.
- 14To assemble: On a platter, place the fries and a burger on a bun and top with lettuce, tomato, onion and avocado slices. Squeeze lime juice over the fries and serve.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Turkey Burgers With Sweet Potato Fries
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 637.8
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 129.3 mg
- Sodium 884.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 44.5 g