Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe given to me by my mom and it is delicious.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup crushed nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips (I use Dorito's)
- 3 tablespoons green peppers, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 ounces sliced monterey jack cheese
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 any other round sandwich buns
- lettuce leaf
- Combine green pepper, spices, egg, and chips in a bowl. Add turkey and mix well with your hands until combined. Shape into 4 patties and grill until done (about 4 minutes per side). Top with cheese, salsa, avocado, and lettuce. Enjoy!
Good burgers! I used ground chicken in place of the turkey and pan-fried them, so I used my non-stick skillet and a liberal dose of Pam. They're very light and the chips gave them a nice flavor. I think these'd be great in the summer when we can grill. Thanks!