Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From "Everyone Loves Chicken" by Weight Watchers. I borrowed my friend's book and I'm posting what sounds interesting for future reference. This is 4 points for 2 slices.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon pumpkin seed oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (5 lb) turkey breast
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth, reduced sodium, if needed
- Adjust the oven racks to divide the oven into thirds.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a large roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the chili powder and cumin in a small bowl; stir in the oil and lime juice until the mixture forms a thick paste.
- Loosen the skin around the turkey breast by running your fingers between the skin and the meat, starting at the tips of the breast halves.
- Once the skin is loosened, divide the spice mixture between the 2 halves and spread it liberally onto the meat, patting the skin back into place.
- Place the turkey breast into the roasting pan.
- bake in the lower third of the oven, basting with pan juices every 20 minutes, until an instant read thermometer inserted in the breast registers 170 degrees F., about 2 hours.
- If the pan juicesdry out before the turkey is cooked through, add the broth to baste the bird occasionally.
- Transfer the turkey to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before carving.
- Remove the skin before eating.