Recipe by blucoat
This easy and flavourful vegetarian main dish makes a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner! Serve with steamed corn tortillas, some extra salsa and black beans. You can also add 1 cup of black beans and/or 1 cup of sliced mushrooms. This recipe is from "EatingWell Magazine".
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) packagefirm water-packed tofu, rinsed and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup prepared salsa
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu, chili powder, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until the tofu begins to brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to the pan. Add zucchini, corn, scallions and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are just tender, about 3 minutes. Return the tofu to the pan and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat and stir in cheese until just melted. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons salsa and 1 tablespoon cilantro.