Recipe by email@example.com
I do not remember where I got this recipe, but it is simply great. You won't be sorry you tried it.
- 1 lb round steak, cut into serving size pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 10 slices onions (I used 2 medium onions, sliced)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I used garlic powder)
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, with liquid chopped (I used 14 1/2 ounce can)
- 1⁄4 cup mild or medium or hot picante sauce (I used chili sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- Using a mallet, pound all of the flour into the meat.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown the meat on both sides.
- Arrange onion slices over the meat.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the onions.
- Cover and simmer until the meat is tender, about 45 minutes or an hour (mine took about 1 hour and 30 minutes).
- Remove meat and keep warm (I did not remove the meat--just went to the next step).
- Cook the sauce until it is reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Pour sauce over meat (that is if you took the meat out).
- Serve immediately.