Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 1⁄4 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 tablespoon seeded and finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- 2 English muffins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 -3 drops frank's redhot original cayenne pepper sauce, to taste
- 4 slices American cheese
- In a small bowl, combine egg mixture ingredients.
- Spray a medium size skillet with cooking spray, then heat to medium. Pour egg mixture into skillet, cook, turning mixture occasionally until mixture is set but not dry, about 3 minutes.
- Split and toast english muffins.
- Combine softened butter with drops of cayenne pepper sauce to taste. Lightly spread on muffin halves. Spoon egg mixture onto muffin halves; top with cheese slices.
- Broil just until cheese starts to melt. Serve immediately.