Recipe by MsSally
Another zucchini recipe from MSN. Saved here for safekeeping.
Top Review by Gidget265
I know some folks don't like when you do this - but I used this recipe as a base and enjoyed the results. I'm writing them here - so others can utilize the info - or ignore as you choose. I started with Chicken sausage, garlic, onion, Jalapeno, two cans of rotel tomatoes (drained), frozen corn (about a cup and a half), large can (6 oz) green chiles and dried green and red peppers (cause I didn't have fresh). As far as spices I used a tsp or two of the following: adobo seasoning, chipolte pepper, mesquite smoke and taco seasoning. And lastly, a dash of cayenne. Put all over the pasta and added about 3/4 C cheese at the end. I enjoyed this - hope someone gets benefit from this info.... :)
- 8 ounces rotelle pasta
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage, thinly sliced (fully-cooked)
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced (about 6 ounces)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans low-sodium stewed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can no-salt-added corn (drained)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies (diced)
- coarsely shredded monterey jack cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare macaroni as label directs but do not add salt to water; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, green pepper, and onion, stirring frequently until vegetables are tender; discard any fat in skillet.
- Stir in zucchini, stewed tomatoes, corn, and chilies with their liquid; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cook 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir macaroni into mixture in skillet; sprinkle with shredded cheese.