Recipe by QueenChefTC
From another cooking class I took at a local community college. Garnish with sour cream, red onions and fresh cilantro. Can be made in slow cooker!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cansfire roasted diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 -8 ounce) cansmokey chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pot over medium/high heat and add onions, cook for about 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add garlic and red peppers, cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides and then add the spices and stir to coat the chicken evenly.
- Add tomatoes, beans, canned chilies, lime juice, and corn and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and top with sour cream, onion and cilantro.
- **This can be made in the slow cooker!