Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Yummy and easy. Can be made in oven or crockpot
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs chicken pieces (can use boneless, skinless chicken if desired)
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives (sliced and drained)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Place chicken pieces in a 15” x 10” baking pan. Top with onions, tomatoes, peppers and olives.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add flour, spices and cheese and stir until well blended. Stir and mix in chicken broth.
- Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables. Cover pan with foil and bake in a 350°F oven for 1½ hours.
- Or place chicken pieces and vegetables in a large crock pot. Pour in sauce.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours.
- Serve over cooked rice.