Recipe by princessangi
From my coupon circular this week.
Top Review by stagmie
Oh man!! These are GREAT! I have a Traeger Grill, http://www.traegergrills.com/ and like to smoke ribs, but this recipe is unbelievable!! Excellent taste, easy to make, quick time, and did I say excellent taste???? Try it y'all, you won't be sorry!
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups Heinz ketchup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 lbs baby back ribs
- 1 cup onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 cups ginger ale
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Juice one lemon and slice the other.
- Combine lemon juice, ketchup, molasses, chipotle pepper, cumin, and oregano.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture and brush ribs all over. Place in a roasting pan.
- Scatter lemon slices over ribs. Sprinkle with onion and garlic. Add ginger ale and cover tightly.
- Place in oven and cook 1-1/2 hours or until very tender.
- Cool ribs in liquid, about 25 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high and grease lightly.
- Remove ribs from cooking liquid (discard liquid, lemons, and onion).
- Place ribs on grill. Cook, turning and basting often with remaining sauce, 8 to 10 minutes or until well glazed.