1/13 Photos of Southwestern Stuffed Bell Peppers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine beef, onion, seasoning mix and egg in a large bowl.
- 2Add rice and mix well.
- 3Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membrane.
- 4Spread tomatoes on the bottom of an ovenproof 12 X 9 inch baking dish. The liquid from the tomatoes will reduce during cooking so if (like me) you like lots of sauce, add about a cup of water. This also helps make the peppers softer.
- 5Place peppers, cut side up, on top of the tomatoes.
- 6Spoon beef mixture into peppers, mounding as necessary.
- 7Top each pepper with salsa.
- 8Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 40-45 minutes or until beef is cooked thoroughly and peppers are soft.
- 9Cover each pepper with cheese and return to oven, under the broiler, until the cheese melts- less than a minute, so watch carefully!
- 10Serve with sour cream and additional salsa.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.7
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 120.2 mg
- Sodium 1455.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 30.4 g