Recipe by Barb G.
A Zesty 3-ingredient recipe. easy to make and tasty.Note: Recipe calls for Zesty Southwestern rice mix. Recipe courtesy womansday.com
Top Review by Petite Mommy
Very yummy! I didn't change a thing and they came out really nice. I bought a rice mix that could be made in the microwave and used shredded cheese. They almost made themselves! :-)
- 4 medium bell peppers, halved and seeded (of choice red, green or yellow)
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) boxzesty southwestern rice mix
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (1 1/2 cups diced and 1/2 cup shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°F; have a baking dish ready.
- Arrange peppers, cut side down, in baking dish; pour in 1/4 cup water; cover tightly with foil bake 20 minutes, or until peppers are tender; Drain peppers on paper towels.
- While peppers cook; prepare rice mix as box directs; cool slightly, then stir in diced cheese.
- Fill peppers with with rice & cheese mixture; arrange in baking dish; sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered about 5 minutes until cheese melts, garnish with cilantro, if desired.