Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A Zesty 3-ingredient recipe. easy to make and tasty.Note: Recipe calls for Zesty Southwestern rice mix. Recipe courtesy womansday.com
- 4 medium bell peppers, halved and seeded (of choice red, green or yellow)
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) boxzesty southwestern rice mix
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (1 1/2 cups diced and 1/2 cup shredded)
- Heat oven to 425°F; have a baking dish ready.
- Arrange peppers, cut side down, in baking dish; pour in 1/4 cup water; cover tightly with foil bake 20 minutes, or until peppers are tender; Drain peppers on paper towels.
- While peppers cook; prepare rice mix as box directs; cool slightly, then stir in diced cheese.
- Fill peppers with with rice & cheese mixture; arrange in baking dish; sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered about 5 minutes until cheese melts, garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Very yummy! I didn't change a thing and they came out really nice. I bought a rice mix that could be made in the microwave and used shredded cheese. They almost made themselves! :-)
Delicious and easy! My only change was to decrease the initial baking time for the peppers as we like them on the crispier side. It took about 10 minutes with the rice inside to get the whole thing nice & hot. A lovely side-dish wth any flavor rice, I would imagine! Thank you Barb.