Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this on the web somewhere. Want to try. Posting for safe keeping. We will most likely add more spice.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed (or White rolls or honey wheat rolls)
- 1 cup cooked ground beef or 1 cup ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup canned drained chili beans or 1⁄4 cup pinto beans
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- yellow cornmeal (optional)
- If using loaf of dough, divide into 16 pieces.
- In a medium size bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except for the cornmeal.
- Mix well. Set aside.
- Sprinkle your rolling board with cornmeal.
- Flatten each piece of dough on cornmeal surface into a circle 2-3-inches in diameter.
- Fill with 2 tablespoons of filling.
- Fold dough over, seal edges.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet which has been dusted with cornmeal. Place appetizers 1-2-inches apart.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes.
- The recipe may be doubled or tripled.
- These appetizers are great made ahead of time then frozen after baking and cooling.