Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A small amount of meat adds flavor and texture to this unique stirfry. Serve with brown rice. From Delightfully HealthMark
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 lb lean round steak, well trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and julienne
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and julienne
- 1 (15 ounce) cansalt free kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup salt free corn, drained
- 2 tomatoes, cored and sliced into wedges
- chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium bowl, combine juices, chili powder, oregano, garlic and cornstarch. Add sliced round staed. Mix well and marinate, refrigerated, for 1 to 2 hours, Drain, reserving liquid.
- Head half of oil in a wok or large skillet. Add onion and peppers. Stir-fry until vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove and keep warm. Add remaining oil then stir-fry beef mixture until just browned. Stir in kidney beans, corn, tomato wedges, reserved vegetables and reserved marinade. Stire gently until warmed through and sauce is slightly thickened. Serve garnished with chopped cilantro.
- You can also use skinless, boneless chicken breast in place of the round steak.