Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Super easy, super tasty stew/soup that my entire family loves. This slightly spicy soup can easily be made "less spicy" or more spicy depending on your family's tastes.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 2 (15 ounce) cans corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans (I use the ones with jalapenos)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (diced tomatoes with chili's)
- 15 ounces v 8 vegetable juice
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Brown the ground beef with the onion. Season to taste (I use a little Lea & Perrins and 7 Seasonings or Tony Chacheres).
- In large pot, combine browned ground beef with the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 30-45 minutes. Serve.