Recipe by Punky Julster
I got this from a crock pot recipe book. Prep time does not include overnight soaking of the beans.
Top Review by NcMysteryShopper
We really liked these! I liked that fact that it basically cooked itself. The only think I did different was to add an extra pepper and used 1/2 tea cumin seeds and 1/2 tea ground cumin. We ate them as a side to steak on night and put them on nachos the next. Great Flavor!!
- 1 lb dried pinto bean
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb salt pork, cut up
- 1 lb chuck steak, 1 inch cubed
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak beans in water overnight.
- Brown salt pork in skillet; drain off fat in paper towels.
- In crock pot, combine soaked beans (with water), browned pork and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook 1 hour on high.
- Reduce heat to low and cook an additional 8 to 9 hours.