Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
I got this from a crock pot recipe book. Prep time does not include overnight soaking of the beans.
Make and share this Southwestern Steak and Beans Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- Soak beans in water overnight.
- Brown salt pork in skillet; drain off fat in paper towels.
- In crock pot, combine soaked beans (with water), browned pork and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook 1 hour on high.
- Reduce heat to low and cook an additional 8 to 9 hours.
We really liked these! I liked that fact that it basically cooked itself. The only think I did different was to add an extra pepper and used 1/2 tea cumin seeds and 1/2 tea ground cumin. We ate them as a side to steak on night and put them on nachos the next. Great Flavor!!