Recipe by Ridgely
This is a great zippy side dish using many fresh veggies from the garden.
Top Review by Musical Joy
Wow!!! This was incredible. Very easy to make - great directions! Went so well with a fried rice mix and grilled pork chops. My DH and I agreed that we could've just eaten this for dinner. I only made a few changes, less oil, used a green pepper instead of red, and unfortunately didn't have any cilantro. Didn't know how much garlic to add, so I just threw in on TBLS of minced garlic. We will make this again and again and share it with our vegetarian friends. They'll love it too. Thanks!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- kosher salt
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 -3 small zucchini or 2 -3 small summer squash, cut in medium dice (1/3 inch, about 1 lb.)
- 1 large ear of corn, kernels cut from the cob
- 1 -2 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 lime
Directions See How It's Made
- Set a large skillet over med-high heat.
- When hot, add 2 T.oil and let it heat.
- Add the onion, season with a little salt, and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the diced red pepper and a little more salt and sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the pepper and and onion mixture to a bowl or a plate.
- Turn the heat to high, add one more T.oil and the squash.
- Season with salt and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring only occasionally, so that it begins to brown lightly and the flesh turns slightly translucent and is tender (do not over cook).
- Put the peppers and onions back in the pan, and the corn, garlic and chilies, season again with salt and sauté a few minutes more.
- Season with a few grinds of pepper, and the cumin.
- Toss in the cilantro, squeeze the lime overall, toss and serve.