Recipe by JuliaTN
This is a modification of a Chili's recipe (I made it up and don't usually measure so pretty much everything is approximate)
- 16 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces corn, drained
- 2 cups fresh washed and drained spinach
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 15 prepared fajita whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups grated colby or 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 7 tablespoons cooking oil
- prepared salsa
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except oil, tortillas, sour cream & salsa, mix well.
- Put approx 2 tbs of mixture on each tortilla, roll tortilla into a thin taquito.
- Heat frying pan to med/high heat (I use an electric range and set it to 7).
- Using 1 tbs cooking oil per 2-3 taquito's, shallow fry in saute pan.
- Garnish with salsa and sour cream.