Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a modification of a Chili's recipe (I made it up and don't usually measure so pretty much everything is approximate)
- 16 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces corn, drained
- 2 cups fresh washed and drained spinach
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 15 prepared fajita whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups grated colby or 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 7 tablespoons cooking oil
- prepared salsa
- sour cream
- Combine all ingredients except oil, tortillas, sour cream & salsa, mix well.
- Put approx 2 tbs of mixture on each tortilla, roll tortilla into a thin taquito.
- Heat frying pan to med/high heat (I use an electric range and set it to 7).
- Using 1 tbs cooking oil per 2-3 taquito's, shallow fry in saute pan.
- Garnish with salsa and sour cream.
I didn't have any of the fajita tortillas so we just made do with the regular ones and stuffed them. Very yummy. We will be making this again with chicken and beef later on!