Top Review by Charlotte J
This is a nice one dish meal that is quick to the table. I used whole wheat pasta and crookneck squash when I made mine today. I did not add any cheese today but I know I'd like it with the cheese. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup game 2010
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder (I like a strong chili flavor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (7 ounce) package thin spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 6 small zucchini, cut into chunks (1 lb.)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook the ground beef and onion over medium heat, until the beef is browned; drain.
- Remove beef mixture from skillet and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add water, tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and cumin.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti and stir to combine; return to a boil.
- Boil for 6 minutes.
- Add in the zucchini and cook for 5-6 minutes or until spaghetti and zucchini are tender, stirring often.
- Add the cooked beef and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly on top.
- Serve immediately.