Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 avocados, ripe, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cube avocados. Reserve 1/2 cup.
- Core and chop tomatoes; reserve 1/2 cup.
- In blender, puree 2 cups cuded avocados and chicken broth, 30 sec or until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to saucepan. Stir in buttermilk and cumin; cook 4 min or until heated through.
- Stir 1 cup chopped tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Divide soup evenly among 6 bowls. Garnish with reserved avocados and tomatoes.