Recipe by GranJan
We love soups, especially in winter months. This one really hits the spot on a cold day. Hope you like it too. Don't drain any of the cans of vegetables and don't add any salt. The seasoning mixes have plenty of salt for the entire recipe.
Top Review by Aunt Suz
Absolutely delicious! It was so flavorful and hearty. Great for a cold night. My husband usually needs a sandwich with a bowl of soup in order to fill him up but this alone did the trick! Will definitely be making again and again!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can white corn, whole kernel
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes, with chiles (Rotel)
- 2 cups Fritos corn chips (small chips)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the ground beef and onions together until no longer pink.
- Drain well and place in a large soup pot.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except corn chips and grated cheese, then stir well.
- Simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes.
- Serve over Fritos corn chips in soup bowls.
- Top with some grated cheddar cheese if desired.