1/1 Photo of Southwestern Smokey Mashed Potatoes
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Creamy, smokey and spicy. Great when paired with roasted meats and a sweet veggie like corn or carrots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2In a large pot, boil potatoes in water until tender but not falling apart, about 20-25 minutes.
- 3Drain potatoes and mash with the butter and milk. I use my hand mixer.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5In a large bowl combine potatoes, Gouda, garlic and chipotle peppers; mix well.
- 6Put potatoes into a 4 quart casserole and bake, covered, for 45 to 55 minutes stirring once.
- 7I like to uncover the potatoes the last 15 minutes or so of baking time to brown the top a little.
- 8Potatoes can be made ahead. Mix as above, do not bake. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Bake as directed or until potatoes are heated through.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Smokey Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.1
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.6 mg
- Sodium 112.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo