- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup celery (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 10 ounces tomatoes and green chilies (canned diced UNdrained)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce (no salt)
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (lite)
- 9 whole wheat hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large skillet over high heat. Add turkey, onion, celery, & water. Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes or until meat is done, drain fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce sugar, cumin, & salt; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat ; simmer 20 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Serve on buns; garnish as desired.