Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From WW Simply Delicious. Per 1 c. serving: 123 calories, 1 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein, 2 points.
Top Review by Shelby, the wannabe chef
Review based on my changes, obviously. This was pretty good, but not amazing. I left out all salt, so it would probably be a lot better with salt. This recipe makes about 4 and a half cups. Ok, next time, I will cut the cherry tomatoes smaller (just personal preference) and maybe use about 3/4 cup. I used 1/2 tsp cumin and several dashes at the end. I'll probably use between 1/2 and 3/4 tsp next time. Anyways, I froze the remaning servings, and I'll update this in a while to tell how well this froze. Thanks, NurseDi, for posting.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or corn oil)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Let the oil get heated in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add in the onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper; stir/saute 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add in corn, zucchini, bell pepper, and cumin; stir/saute 7-8 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes; saute 1 minute or just until warmed.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro, salt, and pepper.