Southwestern Seafood Salad
- Cook the whole tomatoes in a dry skillet over high heat until blackened on all sides.
- Allow to cool, then discard the seeds and chop coarsely.
- Combine the wine and bay leaves in a skillet with a cover over moderate heat and bring to a simmer.
- Add the shrimp and poach covered until they are pink and firm to the touch, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the scallops and poach covered for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, just until the scallops are opaque and firm to the touch.
- Remove the shrimp and scallops with a slotted spoon.
- Combine with the chopped tomatoes and the remaining ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.