Recipe by TheGrumpyChef
This is fantastic on a Jalapeno-Cheddar bread! Or grill it like a panini! Yummy. Substitute with your favorite deli meat, or combo of deli meat. From The Hatch Chile Cookbook.
Top Review by Starrynews
This is a very unique sandwich. As 2Bleu said, there are tons of different flavors going on here. I omitted the salt, as we generally find that worcestershire sauce has plenty for us. I used a mesquite smoked turkey breast for a little extra kick. We had never tried fresh tarragon before, so that was the only hanging up point. I thought it was just fine mixed in with the other ingredients, but FI didn't like it. But he asked for the sandwich to be made again soon, without it! Thanks for sharing.
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons gouda cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 4 slices bread
- 2 ounces smoked turkey breast, in thin slices
- 4 whole green chilies, from can
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the tarragon with mayonnaise, then spread on 2 slices of bread.
- Mash the avocado, then add the cheeses, Worcestershire sauce, salt and onions. Mix together and spread on remaining 2 slices of bread.
- Add the turkey slices.
- Tear green chiles into strips and add to sandwich.
- Put sandwich together, slice and serve.