Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A really nice muffin to serve with Mexican or Southwestern meals (or any meal for that matter). Don't count on many leftovers.
- 10 slices bacon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup diced green chilis (canned)
- In skillet, cook bacon until crisp; reserve 1/3 cup drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In a mixing bowl, beat milk, egg and drippings; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, chilies and bacon.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.