Recipe by Galley Wench
This is an adaption of a recipe that a friend gave me. If preferred the green chilis can be omitted. Note the total time includes overnight refrigeration. Great served with fresh fruit and biscuits or tortillas. Especially nice for brunch or holiday breakfast!
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bread, cubed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- salt (to taste)
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage, browned and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) green chilies (drained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Gentley beat eggs.
- Add milk and continue beating.
- Fold in salt, black pepper,chilis, cheese and bread cubes.
- Add cooked sausage and mix well.
- Pour into 9 x 13 pan sprayed with non-stick cooking oil.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with salsa.