Recipe by psych751
My friends beg for these everytime I give a party! They are so delicious and satisfying, I just never seem to fix enough no matter how many I make. I wonderful change from white oven fried potatoes which are so high in carbs. THESE ARE VERY LOW CARB. And I dare you to stop at just one serving...I found this recipe in Healthy Cooking but have modified it to my own taste.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Delicious! I roasted them a little longer than 20 mins. and let the edges get a little crispy and caramelized. So good! I'm looking forward to making these again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 4 sweet potatoes, unpeeled,cut into generous 1 inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Put sweet potato chunks into a large bowl, add oil and mix to cover well.
- In a small bowl or cup mix all the spices and the salt together and stir until well blended.
- Sprinkle the sweet potaoes with this mixture and mix until all the potatoes are well covered.
- Turn onto a cookie sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake on the lowest rack in your oven for about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Which won't be a problem as they'll all be gone way before they could get cold!