Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (15 3/4 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) jar thick & chunky salsa (mild, medium "or" hot)
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped tortilla chips
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) candark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 3 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and stir until lightly browned, about 30 seconds.
- Remove pan from heat and add sweet potatoes.
- Mash them to a puree with a potato masher.
- Add chicken broth, salsa and tortilla chips.
- Return to heat and bring to a simmer; cook until chips have dissolved and soup has thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add beans, corn and oregano and cook until heated through.
- Stir in cilantro or parsley and lime juice and serve.