Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Try this amazing flavor blend that combines the sweetness of the salmon, richness of black beans, and the zestiness of the topping. At the same time you will enjoy 123% of the Daily Value (DV) for vitamin D, 108% DV for omega-3 fatty acids and 90% DV for selenium. All from the World's Healthiest Food blog.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces skin and bones removed
- salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced 1/4 inch
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chicken or 1 tablespoon vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup chicken or 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 15 ounces black beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red chili powder
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 medium avocado, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped pumpkin seeds
- salt and pepper
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon broth in a 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet. When broth begins to steam add onion, bell pepper and garlic and saute on medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add 1/2 cup broth, drained beans and red chili powder. Cook for another 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While beans are cooking, preheat broiler. Place a stainless steel or cast iron skillet large enough for salmon under the heat to get hot. This takes about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together sauce ingredients: cilantro, mint, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, pumpkin seeds, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place salmon in the hot pan and return to broiler about 5 inches from the heat source for best results. Broil salmon for about 7 minutes for medium doneness.
- Serve salmon, beans, lettuce and avocado together on a plate. Top salmon and lettuce with sauce topping.