Recipe by Sharon123
A satisfying salad with romaine, tomatoe, corn and beans with crunchy corn chips! Go get em! Adapted from Vegetarian Times magazine-May 2010.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
Let me start by saying that my FAVORITE salad of all time is the BBQ Chicken Salad from California Pizza Kitchen (sub avocado for the chicken and it's a fabulous vegetarian salad). That being said, this recipe is very similar yet much healthier since it doesn't have the fattening ranch dressing all over it. After reading the other's reviews, I made sure that my dressing was good and seasoned with extra cumin, seasoning salt and garlic powder and took it easy on the lime. Even with the changes to the dressing, I felt like the dressing was just OK when atop the salad. SO, I drizzled a little BBQ sauce on top and WOW - PERFECTION!!!! Thanks for posting, Sharon!!!
- 473.18 ml chopped romaine lettuce
- 354.88 ml beans, rinsed and drained (pinto or black beans, or your choice)
- 236.59 ml grape tomatoes, chopped
- 118.29 ml corn kernel (fresh or frozen)
- 59.14 ml green onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml cilantro, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 177.44 ml salsa (prepared, prepared, not chunky)
- 118.29 ml low-fat sour cream
- 44.37 ml lime juice
- 0.26 ml Tabasco sauce (optional)
- salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- corn chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the lettuce, beans, tomatoes, and corn in a clear glass bowl. Sprinkle green onions and cilantro on top.
- Mash avocado in a separate bowl, and whisk in salsa, sour cream, and lime juice.
- Season with hot sauce, if using, and salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss well, and top with the crushed corn chips if desired. Enjoy!