A satisfying salad with romaine, tomatoe, corn and beans with crunchy corn chips! Go get em! Adapted from Vegetarian Times magazine-May 2010.
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups beans, rinsed and drained (pinto or black beans, or your choice)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3⁄4 cup salsa (prepared, prepared, not chunky)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- corn chips (optional)
- Mix the lettuce, beans, tomatoes, and corn in a clear glass bowl. Sprinkle green onions and cilantro on top.
- Mash avocado in a separate bowl, and whisk in salsa, sour cream, and lime juice.
- Season with hot sauce, if using, and salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss well, and top with the crushed corn chips if desired. Enjoy!