Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tangy salad that is inspired by my favorite restaurant in Ann Arbor, Michigan called the Prickly Pear. I love how the dressing partially reconstitutes the dried cherries. ***Make the dressing for this salad at least 1 hour before to allow the flavors to marry.
- 2 ounces canola oil
- 1 ounce white vinegar
- 1 ounce orange champagne vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups Baby Spinach, cleaned
- 1⁄3 cup of julienned red onion
- 1⁄3 cup of diced zucchini
- 1⁄3 cup black beans (rinsed from can)
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup feta (crumbled) or 1⁄4 cup goat cheese (crumbled)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Assemble the salad.
- Shake the dressing vigorously to emulsify.
- Dress the salad.