Recipe by Roosie
Credited to Lundberg Family farms, from the book "The Color Code." Personally, I would use brown rice in this recipe for the health benefits. The other flavors are strong enough that it should not matter if you are used to white rice.
Top Review by ellie_
Very good and different salad which we had with chicken. I made a few minor changes based on what I had by using a red onion, chopped (instead of green onions), two green peppers (instead of red and green) and skipped the cilantro all together. The salsa I used was called Road Kill Salsa, so it was a bit on the hot side but contained black beans and pineapple which was a nice addition. Next time I think I will use milder salsa and serve this with tortilla chips. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup corn
- 1 1⁄4 cups black beans (approx.)
- 1 1⁄4 cups mild salsa
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh, please!)