Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
From Delicious Living magazine. Quickly made in the microwave from leftover rice and chicken.
Make and share this Southwestern Rice Bowl recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooked brown rice
- 3⁄4 cup cooked chicken, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn or 1⁄4 cup canned corn
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, finely chopped or 1⁄4 cup tomatillo
- 1⁄3 cup bottled salsa
- In a microwave-safe bowl with a lid, layer ingredients in the order listed.
- Cover and microwave for 30-60 seconds, until hot.
Delicious without guilt! I omitted the chicken and substituted monterey jack with cheddar. I am sure MJ would be better...so will use that next time :). Thank you so much for posting... I will be using some fresh cilantro as suggested by Mika. G....
Good stuff and a great hot weather no-oven recipe, added in some cayenne pepper and used white cooked rice in place of brown as that is all I had in my freezer, I had to make this twice to feed my family one was not enough, the second time around I added in more tomato, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
This was great for a portable lunch. I took it into work and reheated it in the microwave. Everyone at my lunch table thought it looked fabulous and I can tell you it tasted the same! I did only use about 1 cup rice and left out the tomatoes. I will definitely be making this again, as will some of my co-workers! Thanks Cheesehead!