Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
What can I say? Super, super easy, fast, cheap, simple side dish. Even better when you add your own special touch!
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- Bring chicken broth to boil in a dutch oven.
- Add cumin, rice, and salt; cover, reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes until rice is tender and liquid absorbed.
- Add green onions; toss gently.
I thought this recipe was pretty good but I felt like it was missing something. I made as posted but next time I think I would doctor it up a little (maybe some diced tomato and a little chili pepper). It's very easy to make and a recipe that can be made to your family's liking. Thanks for posting!