Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. A robust greens and chicken salad with beans, corn, onions and cheese, dressed with.....hidden valley ranch dressing! all the flavours of the southwest in each delicious bite!
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh chives or 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 3 small corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 4 cups shredded salad greens
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast tenders, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups drained rinsed black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 green onions
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Heat the oven to 400° F . Use a pizza cutter to slice the tortillas into thin strips. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat it with non-stick spray. Spread the tortilla strips out in a single layer and spritz lightly with more non-stick spray. Sprinkle lightly with Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix.
- Bake the tortilla strips for 5-10 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy. Stir the tortilla strips half way through cooking.
- While the tortilla strips are baking, cut the head of lettuce or greens into small pieces. Rinse the greens and drain well. Chop the tomato and slice the green onions with some tops. Rinse the black beans in a colander and drain well. Thaw the corn.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- You can either build one large salad or 4 Servings on chilled plate(s).
- Layer the greens first, then the chicken, black beans, corn, tomato, shredded cheese, green onion, and a few tortilla strips on top. Serve and ENJOY!
A tasty meal or snack, easy to prepare...Great for snacking while watching football or other sports too! I doubled the recipe to serve hungry buddies!