Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A creamy ranch slaw with traditional Mexican spices of cumin and cilantro. Add more or cut back on spices to your taste. For people unfamiliar with cumin or cilatro, you may want to omit or just use a pinch.
- 16 ounces packaged coleslaw mix
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 cup ripe avocado, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup prepared ranch dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried coriander or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried cilantro, powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place vegetables in a large bowl (do not add avocado until ready to serve to preserve color).
- In separate bowl, mix dressing and spices.
- Pour over vegetables and mix.
- Chill or top with avocado and serve at once.
This was a fabulous change from the usual. I used it in my fish tacos and it was awesome! Thank you so much for posting, it will be a regular in my house.
Love it love it!! I used only red pepper because it was all I had and a creamy Ceasar dressing, but it was great! My husband hates cole-slaw and he loved this kind! It went great with my homeade ribs. I will use this again!