Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy prep, somewhat healthy, and tasty meal that everyone seems to love when I make it. People of all ages... I came up with this when we didn't have much in our fridge or pantry. I made it with leftovers and what I thought might go together. And it's great for leftovers! My husband and I eat it for lunch the next day too. *NOTE* - These are aproximate measurements. I've never measured. Only threw it together. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask! It's pretty difficult to mess this up.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans cooked chicken (preferrably precooked or leftover) or 1 -2 chicken breast, shredded (preferrably precooked or leftover)
- 4 tablespoons southwestern ranch dip (Tostitos brand or Meijer has one of their own)
- 1 (12 ounce) box whole wheat noodles
- 1⁄2 cup shredded taco cheese
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- Combine pasta, chicken, dip, soup, and water in casserole dish. Mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over top of the mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of the bread crumbs.
- Bake in oven at 400 for 1 hour or an hour and a half if you're using raw (uncooked) chicken.
- Let cool on stovetop for 10-15min. Serve.