Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a pretty good healthy and easy to prepare dish
- 396.89 g can Rotel Tomatoes
- 425.24 g canwhole black beans, drained
- 59.14 ml sliced jalapeno
- 236.59 ml frozen corn
- 118.29 ml vegetable broth
- 177.44 ml quinoa
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml grated cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- combine all ingredients except cheese and sour cream in a 2 quart casserole.
- cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- remove and stir.
- bake for another 20 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- cover with cheese and broil till cheese is melted (usually around 1 or 2 minutes).
- serve with sour cream.
I really like this recipe. Had to use chicken broth and I added a medium chopped onion, out of habit I guess. Thanks for a great healthy meal.
I added a can of green chilis, and omitted 1/2 of the cheese. I used tastefully simple mexican spice in place of the cumin and coriander. I sprinkled fresh cilantro on top and dripped lime juice on top. I have never used quinoa in a dish, and my picky eaters surprisingly loved it. I give this dish 5 stars!
What a great way to prepare quinoa. I followed other reviewers and added onion, used less cheese, and topped also with cilantro, lemon and guacamole. I think the last two were essential!