Recipe by Spicy Little Sister
High-protien, vegan salad highlights the best flavors of summer - fresh tomatoes and roasted corn. Easy to prepare and great for a summer picnic or barbecue.
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 -3 tomatoes, preferably Vintage Wine varietal
- 2 ears corn, roasted
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 pinches sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put quinoa in a pot and cover with 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil, and cook until done, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the corn silks, leave the corn husks. Put them into roast in the oven at 350 (or roast them on a cool grill).
- Chop up tomatoes into 1 cm cubes, throw them into salad bowl.
- Chop up the shallot, throw them on top of the tomatoes. Add the cumin, chipotle and sea salt and toss them. Set aside for flavor to develop.
- When quinoa is done, toss it with the tomatoes, shallots and spices.
- When the corn is all roasty and nice, cut the kernels off the corn and toss them with the salad.
- Eat and enjoy.