Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A bit spicy and packed with protein. Sometimes I add grilled chicken to make it a meal.
- 236.59 ml quinoa, uncooked
- 473.18 ml water
- 78.07 ml chopped tomato
- 118.29 ml chopped celery
- 118.29 ml frozen corn, defrosted
- 118.29 ml canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 118.29 ml red onion, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 29.58 ml light sour cream
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml cumin
- 177.44 ml fresh cilantro leaves
- 1.23 ml salt
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Spread on a baking sheet to cool.
- Mix cooled quinoa with vegetables and beans.
- Blend dressing ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Mix dressing with quinoa.
- Chill and serve.
I'm sorry, this is not a review but a question: Do you blend all of the dressing ingredients? I ask because I believe that the chilies in adobo sauce are whole. If I am incorrect, please forgive me and let me know. I have bought these in the past and the chilies were whole. This is why I am asking. Thank you.
Really yummy, but do agree with another reviewer who thought it was a little dry and needed a little tweaking. I also added some additional salt, pepper, olive oil and a little sugar. I also used chipotle pepper powder as I didn't have canned. Yum! Thanks Melissa for a great recipe!
I also chopped the onions and added some grated garlic and olive oil to the dressing. I omited the corn as I do not like it and added some chopped red bell pepper. I used grape tomatoes cut in half. I also toasted the quinoa after rinsing it. Nice nutty flvor.